- ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION
The division undertakes administrative tasks, ensuring staff has adequate support to work efficiently. Manages personnel matters, communications, supplies, budgeting and bookkeeping and creates databases and recording management of compliance matters, reports and presentations. Promotes people empowerment through information education campaign strategies.
- ACCOUNTING, PERSONNEL & SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Keeps control of the fund of the department;
- Prepares and control Budget / Fund of the department and other accounting related works.
- Plans, directs & coordinates personnel of the records, assumes full responsibilities, custody and safekeeping of records, participate in the work connected with the Personnel Management.
- Supervises procurement of supplies and materials, prepares inventory report of all properties.
- RESEARCH INFORMATION EDUCATION AND RECORDS SECTION
- Conduct various researches related to effective Environmental & Natural Resources Management;
- Maintain databank & information system for Environment and Natural Resources to serve as central and final repository of permits, internal & external correspondences and official documents.
- Coordinate with other National Office in the delivery of the information & education services on Environment and Natural Resources;
- Implement community organized plans & programs strategies for people empowerment especially for during environmental celebrations and other related works.
- Undertakes permitting applications and compliance reports for LGU facilities and keeps record of such documents.
- SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
The Solid Waste Management Division shall develop policy and programs on solid waste management. Provide technical services to stakeholders and partners to minimize waste and promote segregation at source, waste minimization, waste recovery, recycling and proper waste disposal. It also undertakes management strategies to promote self-reliance, income and coordination with the barangays and other stakeholders.
- GARBAGE COLLECTION UNIT
- Conducts collection of garbage in assigned routes and establishments.
- Keeps records of collection for billing and for records purposes
- LANDFILL MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement measures, programs and activities in the proper management of landfill facilities to include the Materials Recovery Facilities, Composting Facilities, Weigh bridge, Waste water Treatment facilities and others.
- Conducts meetings/conferences to tackle issues in landfill management;
- Design & implementation on Effective Environmental Waste and Management System and Disposal;
- Design, improve and develop existing land fill area to respond the current needs.
- Manages income generating efforts from waste collection, waste recovery, recycling and composting.
- BARANGAY SWM SECTION
- Conducts meetings/conferences to tackle bottlenecks, problem areas & strategies to improve the management of wastes from zones and barangays.
- Implement a framework plan for effective solid waste management and ensure coverage of all areas or zones for waste collection.
- Coordinates with the National Agencies and Barangay Ecological Solid Waste Management council to ensure compliance of the same to all environmental mandates.
- Implement plans & programs for the benefit of solid waste collectors;
- Conduct public education programs in coordination with the RIER section on solid waste management including waste recycling /re-use;
- SEPTAGE MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Supervises the over-all processing of septage from various sources.
- Implement plans & programs for Septage Management System;
- Maintains the facilities and ensure the functionality of processes to ensure compliance to effluent standards
- Manages income derived from various services.
- NATURAL RESOURCES DIVISION
The division undertakes general supervision, management and planning for the conservation and protection of natural resources and promote sustainable forests, mineral resources, watersheds and habitat for all.
A. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE SECTION
- Supervises the implementation of urban forestry and reforestation projects;
- Maintains urban forestry & ecological Projects including the establishment of nursery of trees.
- Implement plans, programs related to management of upland communities, protected areas and effective forest management system;
- Implement wildlife protection and monitor illegal wildlife acts.
- Coordinates with the National Government Agencies regarding the effective management, protection, conservation and rehabilitation of areas within the Mt. Kitanglad Range Natural Park and other protected areas
- Implement and coordinates with partners in the eagle conservation and other wildlife protection, rehabilitation and management efforts.
- Assist in identifying, conceptualizing & in the preparation of project proposal for the implementation, supervision & management of protected areas;
- Implement rules & regulations pertaining to the prevention of endangered flora & fauna;
- Implement & regulations for the establishment & maintenance of wild life sanctuaries.
B. WATERSHED SECTION
- Supervises the roadsides, creeks, easements, wetlands, water sources, barangays & schools tree planting activities;
- Manages the natural resources in a way that supports human needs for water, food, fiber, energy, and habitation, while supporting other agreed attributes linked to recreation, esthetics, and/or ecologic function.
- Coordinates with the barangays in the implementation of space greening programs, watershed planning, implementation and review;
- Implement plans, programs & ordinances pertaining to natural resources management to improve water sufficiency and water quality of existing water bodies;
- Coordinate with the concerned Government Agencies in the implementation of Natural Resources Management Policies;
- Monitor regularly the implementation of Natural Resources Management activities and other related works.
- Implement Plans & Programs related to Watershed, Coastal, Freshwater & Marine Resources Management;
C. MINERAL RESOURCES SECTION
- Implement approved standard operating procedures on mineral resources, extraction, utilization, conservation including area management;
- Provide assistance in the conduct of inspection, survey and assessment of mineral resources;
- Monitor & check compliance and operations of mineral resources permittee.
- MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
The division undertakes environmental assessment, monitoring and evaluation of all projects, businesses and industries to ensure balanced and healthful ecology for everyone by ensuring to standards, regulations and policies set forth by the national and local environmental laws.
A. POLLUTION MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement in coordination with the other concerned agencies in executing plans & programs on pollution control & management;
- Conduct regular monitoring & evaluation of the levels of air, land & water pollution & if possible, design different pollution control measures
- Conduct public awareness & programs on pollution & management in coordination with the barangays, agencies and industries.
- Conduct regular monitoring and inspection of different industrial establishments to assess compliance to ECC or CNC;
- Design Pollution and waste management awareness program;
- Conduct monitoring & supervision of industrial and business establishments in relation to effective waste disposal & management facilities;
B. COMPLIANCE SECTION
- Implement in coordination with other concerned agencies plans and programs relative to compliance of business establishments;
- Conduct of MENRO seminars for new businesses;
- Issuance of clearances and compliance imperatives and guidelines to all establishments to conform with environmental laws, regulations, standards and other requirements;
- Implement policies, guidelines, rules & regulations pertaining to effective solid waste, water waste and emission management.
C. ENFORCEMENT SECTION
- Implement a framework plan for effective environmental enforcement management;
- Implement plans & programs for the benefit and management of green enforcers;
- Devise materials, signage and materials in coordination RIER section to promote enforcement of environmental laws and ordinances
- Coordination with other concern agencies in the proper implementation of proper solid and liquid waste disposal
- Recommends such other polices and laws that would improve enforcement of environmental laws.
+63 917 729 3496